Oster, owned by Sunbeam, has been making various products since 1924 and was created by John Oster in Racine, Wisconsin. That’s over 80 years of quality products and appliances that we all adore.
Since we love the Oster brand, we decided to check out their 2-pound Expressbake bread machine. You don’t hear much about Oster’s bread machines so we wanted to take a look.Here are the positives and negatives of this remarkable bread machine.
About the Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine
Oster’s Expressbake Bread Machine is a twist on the older models. Its Expressbake function makes baking the best loaf of bread possible even faster. In fact, it can bake bread in under an hour with 650 watts of power.
The design of this machine is unique and modern. It has a sleek and compact look that will fit in with most modern kitchens and comes in both a white model and a black model.
It also features a nice little viewing window so you can watch your bread as it kneads and bakes.
This machine weighs in at a mere eight pounds so you can move it around your kitchen as needed or even put it away when you’re not using it.
An LCD display makes it super easy to move through the settings and see what you’re doing. The buttons are push-control so you’ll know when you hit a button to make changes to the settings.The Oster Expressbake bread machine also includes measuring tools for accuracy and an easy to use instruction manual with a few recipes that you can try.
The 12 Settings:
Crust Settings: Light, Medium, and Dark
Loaf Sizes: 1 pound loaves, 1 and a half-pound loaves, and 2 pound loaves
The Other Features:
- 1Oster’s Expressbake bread machine makes it simple to customize. The settings are simple and easy to read.
- 2Our favorite feature by far is the Ultra Fast settings. They allow you to bake a loaf of bread in under an hour so if you’re super busy but have a hankering for fresh bread with dinner, it will be ready in no time.
- 3There are several unique settings that you don’t always see in other bread machines like the bagel dough option.
- 4The bread pan inside the bread machine is made of a nonstick aluminum. You don’t have to worry about your bread sticking to the pan once it’s done baking.
- 5The lid is removable. This makes cleaning your machine so much easier. Just pull the lid off and clean it up.
- 6It has a fruit and nut dispenser. Put the extra ingredients for your bread in the dispenser, start the machine, and walk away. It will drop the ingredients into the dough to be mixed at just the right time.
- 7It has a 13-hour delay timer. This means you can set the timer and it waits to start your bread. You can wake up to fresh bread in the morning or come home to fresh bread after work.
- 8It has a one hour feature that keeps your loaf of bread nice and warm for up to an hour after it’s finished baking.
- 9If the power is cut to the bread machine for any reason, it has a six-minute memory. This means it remembers where it was in the process for up to six minutes. When the power returns within this time frame, the machine starts back up where it left off.
What Do Others Have to Say?
The Oster Expressbake Bread Machine is a decent compact bread machine for new bakers or people who don’t bake all the time.
It’s not made of the best material and the kneading paddles could be much better. However, it’s great quality for such an affordable price.
Our rating: We give this bread machine a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.
The most cited advantages of the Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine:
The most cited disadvantages of the Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine:
The Bottom Line
Even though Oster isn’t the most famous brand for bread machines, they create quality and easy to use machines that are perfect for bread baking newbies.