Toastmaster has been producing kitchen appliances since 1921. It’s a well-known and trusted brand that we’ve relied on for decades.
We know how high-quality Toastmaster’s other appliances are but we’ve never gotten the chance to review their bread machine, until now.Here is everything you need to know about the Toastmaster bread machine so you can decide if it’s the right product for your bread baking needs.
About the Toastmaster Bread Machine 1148X
With the Toastmaster Bread Machine, the brand is making sure they live up to their name. It has a nice modern design in white that fits most kitchen decor.
This machine has a very large viewing window so you can watch the loaf of bread during almost the entire baking process. You can check on it without having to lift the weight and letting moisture escape.
This bread machine weighs in at 16 pounds, making it a bit heavy for some to maneuver around the kitchen as needed.
Toastmaster used an LCD display on this machine that’s easy to read. It also uses electronic touch-pad buttons that are simple to use. These touch-pad buttons are different colors making them stand out and easy on the eyes.An instruction manual and simple recipes (including a gluten free recipe) created just for this bread machine are included. It also comes with a one-year warranty.
The 8 Settings:
Crust Settings: Light, Medium, and Dark
Loaf Sizes: 1 pound loaves, 1 and a half pound loaves, and 2 pound loaves
The Other Features:
- 1The Toastmaster 1148X Bread Machine is one of the easiest bread machines to use. Even if you’re a newbie baker or have troubles with electronics, you won’t have any issues with this machine.
- 2The bread pan is made to make a nice looking vertical loaf of bread that you’ll be proud to show off.
- 3It has eight settings so it doesn’t overwhelm new bakers. Instead of having to choose a setting for your bread and then a crust setting, you can do it all with one button.
- 4The “Fast Bake” option can kick your bread baking into gear. You don’t have to sit around forever waiting for a fresh loaf of homemade bread. You can have it ready in just an hour.
- 5They use a nonstick coating on the bread pan so the bread is easy to remove once it’s done baking. You won’t have to worry about your bread sticking and tearing.
- 6This bread machine has a 13-hour delay setting. This means you wake up to the smell of fresh bread in the morning or having it baking for dinner by the time you come home.
- 7This has a three-hour warm setting. In most bread machines, there’s a one-hour warming that allows you to leave your bread in the bread machine and it will stay warm for up to an hour. This machine, however, will keep your loaf of bread toasty for up to three hours after it has finished baking.
- 8If you use the “Sweet Bread” setting it notifies you when you can add in extra ingredients like nuts and cheeses. It will beep to let you know it’s time.
What Do Others Have to Say?
The Toastmaster 1148X bread machine is great for new bakers. It has just the right amount of settings without overwhelming anyone.
At such a quality price from a quality company, we were impressed by this bread machine.
Our Rating: We give this bread machine three stars out of five stars.
The most cited advantages of the Toastmaster Bread Machine:
The most cited disadvantages of the Toastmaster Bread Machine:
The Bottom Line
This is a great choice for new bakers or anyone who is looking to buy their first bread machine.