It’s not easy to stick to a low carb diet if you’re trying Paleo or keto. It’s also not easy being allergic to gluten or having an intolerance to gluten if you love bread as much as we do.
Thankfully, you don’t have to give up your love of bread if you’re on a low-carb diet or if you’re allergic to gluten.We’ve created the best easy low-carb bread recipe just for you. This delicious bread can be made in any kitchen and is a great replacement for regular bread.
Benefits of Psyllium Husk
In this low carb and gluten-free almond flour bread, you’ll notice a strange ingredient called “psyllium husk”. We wanted to add another healthy ingredient to optimize the benefits of this bread.
So, what exactly is psyllium husk?
- 1Regulates Your Bowels: Since psyllium husk is a type of fiber, it’s great for bowel regularity. Psyllium husk contains both soluble and insoluble fiber. When the powder hits your stomach, it absorbs water, making the powder grow in your intestines. It can harden your stool, making it easier to pass if you're constipated and helps with diarrhea.
- 2Regulates Your Blood Sugar: Psyllium forms a gel fiber. This fiber slows down the digestion of the food you eat. So, instead of your body absorbing sugar right away, which can lead to a spike in blood sugar, it slowly absorbs the sugar throughout the day which helps stabilize blood sugar levels. In this case, you’ll take psyllium powder with food or add it to your food.
- 3Helps with Weight Loss: Another benefit of incorporating psyllium husk into your diet is iit can help you lose weight. As we said before, the psyllium enters your stomach and absorbs water. As it grows in your stomach, it pushes against the walls of your get, making you feel fuller sooner than you normally would which leads you to eat less. This is fantastic for those who tend to overeat.
Easy Low Carb Almond Flour Bread Recipe
We’re excited to share our easy low carb almond flour bread recipe with you. Not only does it fit most low carb diets but it is also a taste bud pleaser.
You can add almond butter to this bread for a tasty snack or serve it with dinner. It’s versatile and fits with any type of meal.
If you prefer to use your bread machine, make sure to add liquid ingredients first and don’t forget to set your bread machine to the gluten-free option.This recipe takes about an hour to prep and bake. It makes about 15 to 16 slices or servings. Each serving has about 130 calories and only 3 net carbs.
- 1First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2You’ll need a microwave-safe bowl for this next step. Transfer the coconut oil to the bowl and set it in the microwave. Set your microwave for small intervals, about 20 seconds at a time. Continue this until you coconut oil is melted properly. Set the bowl aside to let the coconut oil cool to room temperature.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat your eggs.
- 4In a separate large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, psyllium husk, cinnamon, kosher salt, and baking soda. Whisk until fully combined.
- 5In the large mixing bowl with the beaten eggs, add water, melted coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until combined.
- 6Now, add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix all the ingredients until they’re evenly mixed. You want to see air bubbles in your bread batter and to be thick. This is a very good sign.
- 7For this bread, you’ll need a 9 inches by 5 inches loaf pan. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper to make it easier to remove the bread once it’s baked. Flour the parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can just flour the pan. It won’t work as well but it’ll do in a pinch.
- 8Slowly pour the bread batter into your loaf pan. Use a spatula or large spoon to make sure the batter is spread evenly throughout the pan and to smooth down the top of the batter. Make a small slit in the top center of the bread.
- 9Put your loaf pan into your oven. It will take anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour to bake, depending on your oven. When finished, it should be a golden brown color. A trick to testing if the bread is done is to use a fork. Stick the fork into the bread. When you pull it out, it should be clean. That means it’s done. If there’s batter clinging to the fork, it needs to bake longer.
- 10Let the bread cool before eating.
The Bottom Line
This easy low carb and gluten-free bread is perfect for anyone branching out or changing their diet for specific health needs. Plus, we added our secret ingredient to add numerous health benefits for almost everyone.